Monday, October 27, 2014

Our Stay Puft, KUTV, Horse Corral, Baby Shower, Choir, and lots and lots of laundry...time for bed!

We are all pretty tired around here! My favorite part of our day so far was watching Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, going on a short bike ride with my bike trailer hooked up, and roasting marshmallows out back:)

Here are some of last week's creationistic happenings and some thoughts.

  • Finished Halloween costumes... Eli's was inspired by a picture my amazing Sister in Law Lindsay sent me. He got to show it to his cousins at our super fun family Halloween party. Our own Stay Puft Marshmallow man. His cousins hugged and hugged his squishiness.
 
 He loves it because he can do a belly flop on the ground in it...he is ALL boy:)
 It was really fun to make...oh, except for the part when I broke the zipper, sewed on a new one...backwards...broke it...fixed it...re-sewed it...and made the whole costume just a little too snug(My Man and I have to work together to get it on him...good thing it only has to last until the end of the week:) Don't mind the black eye he got falling over the vacuum right before we left for the party :(
 Our princess:)
My Man and I opted to be pirates this year:) Argh...picture coming later this week:)
  • My mother in law and I (and My Man of course) took on the task of making a horse corral, some horses--super easy DIY!!, and a bunch of other howdy-doodies for a shin-dig she had for a Church dinner. Here is what we ended up with. Isn't she so creative?! We kinda REALLY love making things together. I'll do a post someday on all of the things we have made (our poor blessed husbands.)




 Our Corral...92 feet of cardboard fence and an 11 foot sign. (all cardboard, paint and tape....I love cardboard!!)

My mother-in-law's incredible flower arranging talents

These ride-on horses were so easy and were only $2.50 (each) to make. 
Just send me a notey if you want more info.
My wonderful 2nd parents:)
 Cowgirl/Cowboy IBC Rootbeer
  • KUTV :We had the opportunity, thanks to all of our wonderful friends and family, to be on Channel 2 News for the Box Troll contest. Here are my thoughts. It was a neat, new, and very welcoming experience...however...I was reminded quite strongly that my favorite thing to be doing and investing in is being a mom and wife. As we got ready to go, both kids were crying the entire morning, especially Sabrina, who did not want to go. My Man was off work that day and we could have used some good quality play outside-read a book-snuggle on the couch-just play pretend-family time due to the craziness of the last few weeks...but instead the craziness continued and we spent most of the day away from our baby, trying to keep Sabrina from having a fit in the KUTV studio. She was a trooper, and all the people there were so kind, but I don't need to do that again any time soon.


  • Our cousins are having a baby girl and live far away so we are doing a Skype shower and are going to mail them the gifts. Here is the invitation I made. We are so excited for them!! ( I took out the address just in case you were thinking of coming...haha)
  • Let it be know that in the process of creation craziness around here a great  monster has also been created. The laundry pile monster...I think this is our biggest monster yet. It is a wonderful tornado of clean, dirty, too big, too small, and other misc. clothing items...slightly overwhelming, good thing My Man isn't afraid of helping out!

 And the kids are happy...at least in the picture. I kinda want to cry when I look at it.

  • My Man in I are leading our Church choir for the Christmas program (haha...we are learning a LOT with this one.) We are singing a song by my dear friend Becca's mom Shawna Edwards. It. is. BEAUTIFUL. Take a second to listen to it. It inspires me every time I hear it to look at my heart and my life and re-focus it on my Redeemer.

  • Well, we made a nice little fire and roasted marshmallows for our family night tonight, and we just created a much cleaner house (minus the laundry which we hid in large black bags in the storage room for tomorrow:) Happy Monday...time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment